Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Inspiration and Writing


Matt-o-Matic can't write. I learned the device was unable to do this a long time ago. The Matt-o-Matic is a conceptual thinker meaning it can see the big picture but can't make up the small steps that lead up to it. Anycrap, in order for the M-o-M to make something creative you have to write something for it or give it inspiration.
There are writers for books, comics, movies, and TV shows so why not one-time drawings? Kings and royalty used to commission artists to paint goofy portraits of themselves...same thing. For this drawing I had my good buddy Mackie tell me what to draw. He said draw a chicken breast beating up a vegetable. I couldn't draw a chicken breast without looking at one so I drew a chicken leg.
There's really no point to any of this except to check out this sketch I drew. But the drawing belongs to Mackie too; he wrote my drawing. So I present to you "I can't imagine what Mr.T would have done to this broccoli, then again he was always telling kids to drink their milk and stuff." By Matt and Mackie. I'll clean it up and color it eventually.

Thanks to my heterosexual life partner, Ari Costa, it has been brought to my attention that i spelled chicken wrong in this drawing. I'm a cartoonist dammit! Not a spelling....person...thingy.

2 comments:

  1. OK, I'll bite. Why not draw what the sidewalks of New York are thinking... or would like to do to all those people trampling them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You spelled Chicken wrong, why don't you create a picture of you sitting at your desk trying to figure out how to spell chicken. . . . or alternatively a picture of me stepping in a big pile of Poo-shit.

    ReplyDelete